Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Turning in circles

Sometimes I feel like I don’t know which way is up.  I want nothing more than to follow God’s plan and go in the direction that He is sending me, but its hard to figure out which direction that is.  And maybe its just more fluid than I think.  Maybe it looks more like just being faithful to walk through the single door that He opened for me today and trust that tomorrow He will open the next one.  Maybe it means that I’m not going to know ahead of time and get to have a plan.  And that’s sad, because I love plans :)

When I’m honest though, I really do feel at peace.  The Lord is bringing Puerta de Esperanza into existence one little piece of the puzzle at a time.  It is not going to look much like the first idea that I had in my head, but its going to be exactly what the Lord has in mind for it to be.  And He is moving us forward.  Some parts at a snail’s pace and some parts faster than I can keep up.  I’m overwhelmed.  Overwhelmed by the Lord’s goodness and provision and also overwhelmed at how much more there is to do.  It is a good thing that those two things go hand in hand and the Lord already knows how much there is to do!

I cannot say how thankful I am for the wonderful help of the people at IHNFA and the social worker Norma.  I will tell you one thing… these people think I really speak Spanish.  They do not slow down for me at all!  And yesterday I was sitting in on a meeting and they tried to vote me to a leadership position on a committee… I’m sorry… I barely understand what the committee is about.  I don’t think so. :)  So in the end I got assigned to be participant #2.  HA!  In other words, I don’t have to do much at all.  But they are patient and helpful and supportive and really want to see this project be successful.  For that, I am so thankful.

This week has been all over the board.  I got business cards made, looked at a potential house and will see it again Friday, got a no from one of the girls I had met with, met a new social worker, visited the public hospital, and talked to a local pastor about helping me find a house “abuela”.  Phew.  Things are happening!

Thanks for your prayers and support!

1 comment:

  1. We were just talking about your meeting this week! Keep on trusting sweet friend! HIS timing like you well know! And, you are going to be a fabulous witness inthe lives of the girls HE does direct to you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete