Thursday, August 4, 2011

A Blessing

(imagine a picture here of 2 men working on a 2001 Red Ford Escape)

Joseph and Miguel are awesome!  Joseph comes from Arizona and Miguel from Mexico both here working with the short term team.  3 days this week they are providers in our medical clinic.  Today… they are mechanics.  Joseph has lots of mechanical experience and they both have huge servant hearts.

This morning I got the good news that after having water in 4 of my 6 cylinders… the car actually started!  (Be warned, the factual information in this post about real car stuff is probably wrong.  Most of the stuff the guys have told me this week hasn’t stuck in my brain… but I’ll stick to the truth as best I can :) )  It is still making a funny noise… but we’re going to pray that it just goes away before we try to start up the car again.

I still needed a new alternator, and apparently an oil change, and a new air filter b/c mine was wet and moldy after its swim.  So the guys did all of that for me!  They have a couple things to finish up tomorrow… then we wait with baited breath to see if the car is actually going to really work… correctly…

Today, they are my heroes.

1 comment: