Monday, August 15, 2011

Translating

Oh so much harder than it seems.

The thing is… I speak Spanish as if I’m playing catch phrase.  If I don’t know how to say a word, I just talk around it until the person I’m talking to guesses what I’m trying to say.  Well… when you’re in a medical clinic, trying to sounds professional, but not even knowing what half the words are in English… it’s a whole different story.  Welcome to our week!

Today I got to figure out how to say heartburn, ulcer, lymph nodes, and so much more!  But… the joy of all my Spanish learning is that we are treating patients! 

We are so thankful for the team from Trinity Pres who brought an amazing medical team down.  We have two doctors from Columbia who speak Spanish as their first language and that is a huge blessing.  And they brought a dentist and an ultrasound machine.  I mean… this is great.  So we saw a bunch of patients today, got to share the Gospel with them, pray with them, and help some of their physical needs as well.

Please pray for us this week as we will have 4 day-long clinics in Armenia Bonito. 

No comments:

Post a Comment