Monday, May 2, 2011

¡Estoy Aquí!

¡Bienvenidos a Honduras! Welcome to Honduras!

This is what the shirts of the guys read as they helped me get all my bags off the belt at the La Ceiba airport.  “I’m moving here”  I wanted to yell as they eyed my 4 bags suspiciously as if asking what gringa could possibly need that much stuff for her week long vacation at the beach.  Honestly, I was just excited to see all my bags get there after being told earlier that two of them had to ride on “stand-by” (I didn’t even know that was an option for luggage!)

It was a long day of travel while not feeling great, but ended well.

I was so happy to see Mike waiting for me on the other side of customs, and he even thought ahead to bring a camera so that I have a picture to share with you.  Beka and Abi came running through the door to give me huge hugs and Kathy was there with a hug and a ride home in my new car :)  Evan greeted me by jumping out from behind the door and yelling, “Happy Shannon Day!” (who wouldn’t love that?) and Siah had a big hug waiting even when Evan ruined his behind the door surprise.  John carted all my heavy suitcases upstairs, for which he should get a metal. 

And… I’m here.  Staying with the Clows for a couple of days ‘till the house is ready and getting ready to go to team meeting this morning.  My new Honduran life is beginning!

5 comments:

  1. YEAH!!!! So sorry we weren't there to greet you as well!!! But can't wait to see you today and WELCOME TO HONDURAS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Shannon and I'm so glad you're here!! It's been killing me knowing you're right down the street and I haven't seen you yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so glad you are there safely, but we miss you terribly already. Walking home yesterday, Elijah had a pain in his "beaver"...side of his stomach???...clearly a shannon-ism. And today Micah informed me it was Monday so Miss Shannon should be coming...We know your team there will be every bit as blessed by your incredible smile and heart as our family was in San Jose! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited for you! I loved the few weeks that I got to spend in La Ceiba and I trust that God will continue to provide you with a balance of rest and good work to do. I can't wait to hear about it and see pictures of your house and all! I'm praying for the ministry you & the team are doing there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, I am so glad you are in Honduras!!!

    ReplyDelete