Saturday, April 30, 2011

Honduras or bust

In about 24 hours I will be on the ground in La Ceiba.  Wow… many the miles is a true statement.  It has been over 2 years since I first asked Mike questions about working for MTW and got sent to a recruiter.  But two years of good preparation and necessary learning.

I’m sad to leave Costa Rica… what a wonderful experience this has been.  If I could sum up my time here in one word, it would be “rest”.  Anyone who has ever been to language school would probably say that’s not a normal response, but oh the Lord knew exactly what I needed.

For 10 months I had a space to call my own, friends my own age, families to join, time to study or go to the movies (b/c they were in Spanish we deemed it learning :) ), a ministry that was wonderful, but didn’t happen in my space and overwhelm all my time.  The balance was just what I needed.  The Lord didn’t let me stop… that’s not what resting was for me.  I learned and grew and ministered and formed relationships and told people about Jesus.  And I grew in my walk with the Lord so much.  Learning that He is my only constant in a world of a thousand goodbyes and a lot of being alone.  He is enough, He really is.

I love the ministry I’ve come from and I love where I am going.  And I love what the Lord has taught me here that I’m going to be able to use there.  I love how he has orchestrated every relationship, every time I fell, every late night conversation to bring me right here right now to serve Him in La Ceiba.  I can’t even tell you all the ways I know that, it would take far too long.

So now, on to the next mile, to the next challenge… to new people and new places…

Tonight I am stuck in bed feeling terrible and praying that tomorrow will bring better health.  But its giving me time to process, and I think I needed that.  So thank you stomach flu for slowing me down here at the last minute so that I could leave this place well.

Please pray over the next couple days for good health and good transition!  I’m thankful for each of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment