Sunday, April 3, 2011

hope

“When I kept silent, my bones wasted away through my groaning all day long.  For day and night your hand was heavy upon me; my strength was sapped as in the heat of summer. 

Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity.  I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the Lord" - and you forgave the guilt of my sin. 

Therefore let everyone who is godly pray to you while you may be found; surely when the mighty waters rise, they will not reach him. 

You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.”
Psalm 32:3-7

“Praise be to the LORD, for he has heard my cry for mercy. 

The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped.  My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song. 

The Lord is the strength of his people, a fortress of salvation for his anointed one.  Save your people and bless you inheritance; be their shepherd and carry them forever.”
Psalm 28:6-9

This morning I am overwhelmed by the Lord’s great mercy.  He offers forgiveness that I absolutely don’t deserve.  He gives freedom.  He is my help.  And He will carry me.

Today my heart is heavy for brokenness.  Sin and broken relationships and hurt and pain.  This is not what we were created for.  But the Lord meets us in the middle of our mess and picks us up as our shepherd and carries us.  It is only by His strength that we continue to live here in the midst of brokenness.

No comments:

Post a Comment