Friday, May 6, 2011

A herd of cows

I wish I had a picture.  Yesterday we were driving back from the store and passed two men herding about 30 cows down the middle of the street… that’s right.  Random.  Well, random for me.  No one else seemed to think it was a big deal.

Welcome to Honduras, I’m adjusting :)

Its been a great week.  It has seemed busy to me, but its not like I’ve gotten tons of stuff done.  Mainly I’m Kathy’s shadow just tagging along with her while she goes to the store or the bank or other errands.  I’ve been doing the driving so I can start to figure out where things are.  However, without street signs some of the streets look exactly the same to me!

I met the team’s lawyer this week and I think we’re going to be seeing a lot of each other.  After I meet with her again I’ll share the whole story.  But, let’s just say that once again the Lord knows exactly what He’s doing and has given me a lawyer who knows exactly how to help me.  She already has a personal passion for the demographic of girls that I want to work with and is eager to help me get started!

I met with my landlord this week as well and should be able to move into my house the middle of next week.  It will be nice to be there, but I’m not in a huge hurry.  The Clows have been wonderful and welcoming and I love the company.

So, there’s your Honduras update for today.  Cows and Clows and driving and lawyers… :)

No comments:

Post a Comment