Friday, May 6, 2011

Driving

Today I did two driving things that were the opposite of what they would have been in the states…

1. I stopped to wait while the driver in front of me turned instead of going around him.  I got honked at by all of the 10-12 cars behind me.

2. I stopped in the middle of the road, double parked beside cars that were already parallel parked with my emergency flashers on.  I waited for Kathy for about 7 minutes.  No one honked.  They drove around me like it was no big deal.

????????

1 comment:

  1. This reminded me of the time I parked my van behind another car in a tiny parking lot in France. While this was noteworthy in itself, even more so was what followed. I was buying some fruits and veggies and a man came in, asking who's green van it was. I told him it was mine, and I'd be out in a minute. He nodded and left to wait. Mark saw that as a sign that I had truly acclimated.

    You next post (I decided just to comment once instead of twice) reminded me of a quote Sam read to me the other day: "You never fully appreciate running in your own language until you crawl in another." True? I'd say without a doubt.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete