Thursday, May 19, 2011

Dear Honduras…

You’re throwing off my groove.

I have spent one glorious night in my new house!  I wish I was writing to post pictures my house to show you since we’re finally mostly unpacked and arranged.  But just when I was feeling settled and getting ready to cook dinner and relax, Honduras threw me another curve ball.

We came home to people setting up booths on our street.  Tomorrow our street will look like this…

[_MG_6934s.JPG]

Okay, without the parade, so maybe like this…

[_MG_7027s.JPG]

This week is Carnival in La Ceiba.  People come from all over the country for this festival.  The city almost quadruples in size.

Well, I’d been warned that Carnival was actually going to take place on OUR street one day this week, but with moving in, I had totally forgotten about it.  Well, its here.  Starting at 7 tomorrow morning and going all through tomorrow night people will be partying hard  right in front of my house.

So I called Kathy… “Hey… can I sleep at your house?”  “Of course, what happened?  Is everything okay?” “Yeah… Honduras threw off my groove.”

That’s kind of how the conversation went anyway.  Bethany and I are spending the next two nights here since we can’t drive on our road.  But I do hope to go by tomorrow and take pictures!  I guess house settling will just have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment