Monday, May 30, 2011

A request

Our house is the “stop-in” zone.  We have lots of people come by to ask for food or clothes or work, sometimes even just water.  But there is one little group that has caught my heart.

The first time they came by there were three of them, Lilian Teresa being the oldest at age 12.  And when I asked her for her name, her whole face lit up b/c I cared enough to find out who she was.  Lilian lives with her mom and 9 other children.  Some of them are siblings and others are cousins.  We know that one of her aunts left her kids and went to Mexico.  This is unfortunately entirely too common…

Anyway, they’ve come back for food and we’ve gotten to have some conversations.  I would love to eventually be able to spend more time with them and tell them about Jesus.  They are in school and learning to read, and it just got me thinking.

I love the Jesus Storybook Bible, I know I’ve said it before.  I love the way it points to Jesus in every story.  And I love that it is in Spanish!  It makes it so much easier for me to tell Gospel-based stories to kids in a language that they can understand when read it to them in Spanish.

I want all the girls who live in my home to eventually have one to read to their kids.  I’d love to have some to give away to kids like Lilian once I get to know her. 

So I have a request… if you’re willing to help me.  I’d really like to have a stack of these Bibles sitting at my house to give out to people.  They cost $12 on amazon, if you buy a few you even get free shipping!  If you’re willing to buy a Bible and send it to my parent’s house, I’ll find a way to get them down here.

Here’s the link… http://www.amazon.com/Biblia-ninos-Historias-Jesus-Storybook/dp/082975606X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1306765341&sr=8-1-spell

Send it to the address…
1338 Falkirk Ct.
Cary, NC 27511

If you want to let me know that one is on the way, you can email me at ssinnes@gmail.com.

Thanks for reading.  And keep on praying!

No comments:

Post a Comment