Saturday, May 28, 2011

A long trip…

After a 24 hour delay in the Fort Lauderdale airport, my brother is here in Honduras!  He’s going to live with a host family for the summer, work on his spanish, work out in Armenia with us, and just enjoy being graduated from college!

Today I made him speak to car mechanics in Spanish on my behalf.  I am SO thankful to have him here :)  Apparently there is something wrong with a radiator fan maybe?  I don’t have a clue.  But he has car knowledge and Spanish knowledge and jumped right in to help.

Also, I got to spend a few days in San Pedro Sula while I waited for him to get here.  I visited some friends, the Coats, who I met in language school.  But the crazy part is that they actually attended my high school in Apex just a few years ahead of me!  It’s a really small world.  Anyway, they have a new baby, 2 weeks old!  And I got to cuddle with him and have some sweet baby time with little Micah.  I also took pictures, of course… what a cutie.

I guess my brother’s arrival should have warranted a picture… but he’s just not this cute!  Pictures will come soon, I’m sure.  He brought an underwater camera with him that we’ll try out and then we’ll have really fun pictures to share.

At the moment I’m enjoying a couple minutes on the hammock after a long day of errands and cooking 35 pounds of Spaghetti sauce.  That’s right, that’s a LOT of sauce.  But we are feeding a whole lot of teams this summer.  I have more to make tomorrow, but I don’t have any more pots!

Pray for rain, Honduras needs it…

Wow, this was a random blog post :)  Thanks for sticking with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment