Friday, May 13, 2011

In Honduras…

· I sweat… a lot and take two showers a day most days

· I drink lots more water than I ever have before and I love drinking out of stainless steel cups (random, I know, but they get so cold and cool you off)

· I found real diet coke, not coke lite!

· I have to swerve around bikes, walkers, and horse-drawn carts while driving

· I am learning that being given a time line by your landlord actually means a week or more from the date given

· I drive a car with tinted windows that would be illegal in NC, but they keep me cooler

· I am teaching guitar again :)

· I have yet to sleep through the night

· I have to have a shorter to-do list so as not to be disappointed when one thing takes half the day

· I got my first pieces of mail

· I haven’t gotten lost yet

· I found an awesome fruit juice place that will likely be my favorite

· I went swimming in a mountain river

· I am still reciting Spanish phrases in my head before I have to say them out-loud

There is your bullet-point summary of life here!  There is a lot to absorb and I feel like I’m on information overload as I try to learn names of people, stores, roads, towns, etc.  And I’m trying to just settle.  I’m thankful to have a couple weeks before summer teams and a team leader who gives me time to just adjust.

This summer I will split my team between working with summer teams out in Armenia and working to start a ministry to teenage single moms here in the city.  I am itching to get started.  But I can honestly say that I need the time to just figure out how to be here before I set off running.  That will come soon enough.

So I’m waiting and learning and processing and enjoying my team and getting to know them.  This time with them will be invaluable later when we’re needing to work together.

So, that’s life.  Nothing profound.  Just another day moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment