Saturday, March 31, 2012

And then there were 3

The Lord is full of surprises.  I just said a couple of days ago that I was done looking for girls until after Semana Santa (the week before Easter).  We are going on a church conference with the girls and I booked the hotel room and everything is set for me and Oneyda and 2 girls.  Today the Lord decided to throw us for a loop and G moved in tonight with her 15 month old son!

Some friends here have known G for a few years now and have been helping she and her mom with food and other needs.  Yesterday I wrote about going to meet her for the first time and I got to see first-hand the situation with her mom.  Its difficult, to say the least.  Mom is manipulative and I would say, verbally abusive.  I never saw G smile while we were there, or much at all today even.  She is just weary from life and it shows on her face.  She has tried before to leave home, but her mom knew where she was and wouldn’t let her be until she came back.

Today we loaded up the car and went to see PDE.  G loved it.  I had told her she couldn’t move in until after next week, but she was ready to stay today.  After talking through the options of what could happen if she went back to stay with her mom we were pessimistic.  When her mom learned of her plans to really move out, it wouldn’t be pretty… there would heaping of guilt and shame and possible abuse, etc.  But G wanted to honor her mom and go and tell her face-to-face about her decision.  She was afraid to leave her with nothing, so we stopped and bought rice, beans, flour, sugar, etc. on the way.  We were all nervous b/c we just didn’t know what would happen when we got there.  We were prepared to jump in the car and take off without her clothes, papers, anything if mom got mad.  But the whole way there we just prayed…

And the Lord did a miracle.  Honestly, a miracle.  Her mom was happy, helpful, supportive… all the things they had told me she wouldn’t be.  And she accepted the rules and that she can’t know where the house is.  She helped us find their birth certificates and gave the baby a kiss on the way out.  I mean… the Lord answers prayers.  As we drove away G was grinning from ear to ear.  She was SO happy and just felt free!

So she’s with us in PDE!  Please pray for the transition.  Tonight the Lord really allowed me to see how sweet it is that the girls have bonded so much with Oneyda.  But I also saw it from the eyes of trying to break into that, and it will be intimidating.  And I need to see if we can get her to the conference next week, and, and, and…

The Lord’s mercies are new every morning, GREAT is HIS FAITHFULNESS!

2 comments:

  1. I have no words to explain how I feel. The Lord is good always! Praying for all of you.

    ReplyDelete