Saturday, March 24, 2012

Many are the Plans

“Many are the plans in a man’s heart, but it is the LORD’s purpose that prevails!” Proverbs 19:21

I am weary of the emotional rollercoaster that I am riding these days.  I’m not even sure I can count the times that I have gotten excited in anticipation of meeting a new girl, of the possibility of her moving into PDE, only to find out it wasn’t going to work out.  Wednesday I met a girl who was a perfect candidate to come, seemed really excited about it, and we planned to move her in this morning.  Yesterday she told me that she would rather go with her sister who has told her she can stay there for no longer than a month.  And I just was so sad.

I know these girls are out there and that they are needy.  I really thought we would have a full house by now.  I want to find them and love them and welcome them in with open arms… but for some reason the Lord is asking us to wait.

I trust that the Lord knows who these girls are and, as a friend said yesterday, is hand-picking them for us.  Please pray for my heart in the waiting, and the anticipation, and the feelings of being let-down when it doesn’t work out.  In those moments it is hard to trust.

I hesitate to even write on this blog anymore when I have news until I am certain that it is going to happen.  I just don’t want to have to give answers when it doesn’t work out.  But at the same time, I’m so thankful for those of you who are walking this journey with me, getting excited with me, feeling disappointed with me… I think I need that.  So I’ll try to keep you updated.  And you can just keep praying.

1 comment:

  1. Exactly like you said dear friend...people can't walk with you unless you share the ups, the downs, the anticipations, the dissapointments and rejoice with you in God's hand on all of it (remind me of this for me too!). Love you dearly.

    ReplyDelete