Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Who said you have to nap in a bed?

100_5148

They are angels when they are sleeping :)  And not always angels in the grocery store.  So I sat in the car waiting while the girls shopped, reading my book and enjoying the chance to watch sleeping babies and catch a much needed breath.

It lasted almost 20 whole minutes :)  Y came to the car in tears because they were fighting about how many green peppers to buy.  Sometimes sin is downright laughable.  But its so much more deep rooted than that.  Its insecurities about education and being smart enough and being able to do this on their own.  Its proving that they are right and trying to get out from under all the mean things they have said to each other in anger in the past.  Its learning to forgive and work together and talk things out. 

So I wish I had a picture of the next 20 minutes as I carried these two sleepy munchkins through the store mediating and listening and biting my tongue to let them learn through their own mistakes.  And they did it.  They bought a weeks worth of groceries and we were tear-free when we left.  That counts for something right?

No comments:

Post a Comment