Monday, October 31, 2011

Back to your regularly scheduled life…

After a week in Guatemala, I’m now back to my regularly scheduled life. :)  I was supposed to arrive yesterday to Guatemala to spend a few days with the Messicks before heading on to Mexico City.  So, here I am!  We will be heading to the city Wednesday to stop by Antigua and then get me to my flight on time on Thursday morning.

This week has been stretching in so many ways.  I’m a control freak (no surprise if you know me at all!) and I always have a plan.  This past week totally threw off my groove.  And then I got bronchitis… awesome.  And the Messicks just found out that they are moving back to Colorado in 2 WEEKS!  So we’ve had garage sales and times for them to say goodbye and lots of stress and tears all around.

All that to say… the Lord has had a lot to teach me.  I’ve been constantly reminded of His goodness and grace and provision.  But also reminded that I am selfish and consumed with my life and my schedule.  Basically I need Jesus.  Sometimes I just really need that reminder.

From Guatemala City I will be heading on to Mexico City to visit MTW’s street children’s centers in Acapulco and attend the week long training for the “Pavement Project”.  I am so excited and so nervous about this coming week of training.  I’m worried my Spanish isn’t good enough, that I won’t have the right clothes (dumb I know, but I’m still packed for cold Peru), that I won’t be able to pay attention for 8 straight hours in Spanish, that no one will be able to understand me in our practice counseling sessions, etc.  So please pray.  Pray that the Lord will give me peace and speak through me.  This is so important and really lays the foundation for one of the main ways I’ll be sharing the Gospel with the girls in Puerta de Esperanza.  I feel the weight of that as I so desperately want them to know Jesus.  But I also know that it isn’t anything that I will say or do that will win them to Jesus, only His grace can do that.  Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment