Monday, November 7, 2011

Quick update…

My life is so crazy these days that I want to apologize for my lack of blogging but its honestly b/c I have had no other choice.  And I’m without internet most of the week… so it will be awhile before I can post again.  But when I do, it will probably lots stored up :)  I have so much I want to say.  For now, here’s this…

Just wanted to give you all an update. Kate and I just finished our first full day of training in Mexico City for the pavement project. This program is AWESOME! And we cannot wait to implement it in Honduras. I for one am so thankful for the Lord's blessing today on my Spanish. I was able to understand about 95% of what was being said, and that's awesome. I've really been praying for the Lord to open my ears b/c I've been nervous that my Spanish isn't good enough. If anything has been impressed upon me in the last 3 weeks of traveling, visiting sites, and learning it would be this. Jesus is the most important thing. Without a doubt, He is doing it, He is changing hearts. And I have to trust Him... so much more than I have been trusting Him. And I have to pray every morning that I will stop doings things according to my plan and just say yes to what He has for me that day. So... when you read this, please just pray for us. Pray that we will soak up everything that we need to learn. But more importantly that we will trust Jesus, and trust the precious children that we will be working with to Him, and that we will learn to stop striving and just say YES to what the Lord has for us to do. Thanks so much for your love and support.

1 comment:

  1. Amen, Shannon. Isn't this so true for us all. I will be praying. I am so excited to hear how things are going in Mexico.

    ReplyDelete