Tuesday, November 29, 2011

How a wound can build relationships

Friday morning I am helping kids make about 3 different Thanksgiving dishes when the doorbell rings again, its not a kid this time, its Jeffrey’s mom.  I am surprised to see her because Jeffrey isn’t there and we haven’t seen him all week.  But that’s why she came, to tell us that he is sick and has a problem with his leg.  I love that she came!  I have intentionally been trying to get to know her and praying for ways to minster to her. 

In our conversation she told me that she has been reading the Jesus Storybook Bible that we gave Jeffrey and that she has been so helped and encouraged by it!  And I started to tear up.  When I gave her a little money to help with medical bills tears started rolling down her face.  And I was crying right along with her.

Thankfully Elizabeth Ann is a rockstar in the kitchen (more to come on her later, but she’s an amazing friend who came to visit for Thanksgiving) and took over preparing lunch for 30.  How many friends do that for you?  She’s awesome.

I was off to take Jeffrey’s mom to the pharmacy, but upon seeing this… I knew we needed more than a pharmacy, we needed nurse Erin!

AfI5NkSCAAA6S_o[1]_thumb[3]

I couldn’t watch.  As long as Jeffrey was crying from pain I was crying right along with him.  But he did really well and let her clean it out and bandage it up.  Erin was so good with he and his mom and gave them vitamins and antibiotic and everything they needed.

The Lord really used this sweet time with Jeffrey’s mom.  She couldn’t believe that Erin would give her vitamins… not just for her kids, but for HER!  She was overwhelmed and teary at being loved so well.  On the way home I got to tell her that we would like to help Jeffrey go to school next year and she was so thankful.  I got to pray for her before I dropped her off and I can say without a doubt that the Lord was doing something wonderful during my time with her.  She is open to the Lord and loves her family dearly.  She is humble and thankful and such a strong mom all at the same time.

This time was a huge blessing for me and a real answer to prayer.  Please continue to lift this family up to the Lord for his healing and provision for their physical and spiritual needs!

1 comment: