Friday, November 25, 2011

Prayer

"You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you." – Augustine

I’ve used this quote on here before, but its because I love it.  And recently I have found it to be so true in my own life.

Kate moved here last week!  So now we are a house family of three who will be here though April and then we’ll be crying for days when Caitlin leaves us.  As we have tried to settle in, we made a house calendar (a very cute pinterest one, by the way!) that includes an 8am prayer time every day.

I don’t know that I’ve ever done anything so good for my heart.  To come before the Lord every morning and just give our lives to Him, our house, our interactions, our ministry, all the things that overwhelm us… I have felt more at peace in the midst of the same craziness of life.

We were made to find out REST in the LORD.

This week Christopher was here while we were praying one morning so we invited him to join us.  One thing we learned in pavement project was to ask kids if they have anything they want to ask God and then remind them that they can pray anywhere and at any time.  And I love the prayers of kids.  But its amazing what we learned about this little boy.  His step-dad is in the hospital because he got hit by a bus, but he’d never told us.  He needs new clothes for Christmas, but they won’t celebrate at all because they don’t have any money.  So we prayed, together, that the Lord would meet these needs.  It was such a sweet time.

No comments:

Post a Comment