Thursday, November 17, 2011

He is before ALL things…

And in Him all things hold together.” – Colossians 1:17

This is the verse I read to a 15 year old girl at 9:20 this morning before we made our way back to La Ceiba.  It’s a verse I’ve put on this blog before as it has really become a life verse for me.  This morning I read it for my sake just as much as hers. 

She is 15, has a 15 month old baby, was kicked out of the only home she’d ever known, spent time on the street, and is so fearful that no one will ever want her.  She is insecure and timid because of where she has come from.  But she is a good mom, a playful kid at heart, and wants desperately to make good choices for her life and the life of her daughter.

I am 28 with a huge job ahead of me.  I have no idea what I’m doing or what steps to take next.  I need a staff, girls, money, knowledge of the school system, more Spanish, and the list goes on.  And then I have a personal life where my car is leaking power steering fluid and I spent more money than I wanted to on a yellow fever shot adventure.  But I want to know more of Jesus, I want to serve Him and say yes when He calls.  I want to pray more and feel anxious less.  I want to learn to trust my Father.

And the Lord loves us.  Both of us.  And He holds us in His hands.  And He goes before us in every step.  And it is only because of Jesus that our lives don’t come crashing apart.

This morning I think we both felt peaceful.  I know that I did.  We both shed a few tears as I prayed and I know I shed more as the day went on.  But we were reminded of our God who loved us and knows us and calls us each by name.

And here’s the best news.  She wants a bedroom.  Seriously, she fell in love with a bedroom with sunlight streaming in the window.  And sitting on the bed after talking through all of her questions, this precious girl told me that she wants to be our first girl to live in the home and be a part of what God is doing there!  She knows we don’t know what we’re doing yet… and she still has the courage and faith to jump in with us!  Wow.  I asked the Lord to bless us with easy girls at first to get our feet wet and He has more than answered.  There will be bumps in the road, but I love this girl already.  And also… today she ate pizza for the first time in her life.  Can you imagine?  And she loved it :) 

3 comments:

  1. i hope that she will get to experience many more "firsts" in her life! how wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete