Wednesday, November 9, 2011

We’re official

There are so many different steps to making Puerta de Esperanza official in all the different facets.  But, we made a huge leap this week because we are now officially an MTW project!  We have an account number and everything.

This is good news because it means that people can now give funds directly to Puerta de Esperanza.

I’m reading a book called “Kisses from Katie”.  Soon you’ll be getting so many quotes from it on this blog that you might as well read it yourself.  But I don’t have enough time for that right now. :)  But she is a missionary in Uganda and talks about fundraising.  I must admit… she has a MUCH better attitude about it than I do.  But I’m going to try to learn from her.

I do value the opportunity to share what the Lord is doing in Honduras and in the lives of girls that I am already meeting.  But more than that, in this step of the process, I would love to be able to share with you and blow you away with how the Lord has already provided so much of what we need.  And I want to petition you to pray that the Lord would provide the staff that I need and the girls who need to live there.  And please pray that I will trust the Lord’s timing and His plan and that I would give up my striving to just follow in His leading.  To me these prayers are so much more valuable at this moment than your finances.

And yet, we need finances as well.  I just had to turn in a budget and its more money than we have right now.  The girls didn’t move in in October like I thought they would b/c that was not the Lord’s timing.  So there is no one helping with the bills.  I’m more convinced than ever that we need to hire a physiologist and a social worker to be part-time and I wasn’t planning on that.  So… we do have financial needs.

Please pray for us!  And please consider giving monetarily.  If you’re interested or if you want to know more, please email me at ssinnes@gmail.com.  And if you want to give… here is the info you need.

Click here and put in this project account number when you give #92413.

Thank you thank you thank you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment