Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Great Opportunity

I’m wearing sweatpants :)  And I love it.

This morning finds me in Lima, Peru visiting with MTW missionaries the Rosses.  I’m so thankful for their generosity to let me stay with them and share with me the wisdom that they have.  The Rosses started a girl’s home here for pregnant girls and young moms called “House of Glory”.  It is the most similar thing that MTW does to what I’ll be doing in La Ceiba with “Puerta de Esperanza”.  And you want to hear the best news… they didn’t really know what they were doing when they started either?  So there is hope :)

I’m really thankful for this opportunity to go visit their girls, learn how the home functions, what kind of rules they have, how counseling with the girls works, etc.  It is going to be so helpful.

Please pray for my time here.  Pray that the Lord gives me vision and wisdom for the future in La Ceiba.  Pray that I will feel renewed and excited about the work that He is doing and will do.  Pray that I will return to La Ceiba and see that He has been at work in my absence preparing an abuela for the house and the girls that will live there.  I’m praying that he brings these people into my life in the next month.

Thanks for caring what is going on here and lifting me up to the Lord.  I know that He is doing this and moving us forward.  And I know that know very little about what I’m doing :)  So… keep praying!

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for this new ministry! I will be praying!

    ReplyDelete