Sunday, October 16, 2011

Nan in Honduras

It was only the second time she has ever left the country.  Lets be honest… nan has friends all over the world and could travel just about anywhere and have a place to stay.  I mean, she even has people that would probably pay for her to come if she would just give the word.  But… I think I must just be her favorite of them all because last week found my grandmother here in Honduras. :)

I know it killed her to not be able to talk to the kids.  Although she was making good use of her Spanish… “Donde esta el bano?”  And she made a great effort with all the other phrases I wrote down for her as well.  And I will say, the Bette McGee look translates because I think even little Honduran kids knew when they were being disobedient just by one look at her face.

Here are some favorite moments caught on film… well… disk.

100_0239

Helping Erin at kid’s club

100_0257

100_0345

Some of the kids who come to the house in the mornings

100_0269 (2)

The beach of course!

IMG_3092

Sorting things at Puerta de Esperanza

IMG_3209

So excited about all the stuff we were able to get with the yardsale money!

IMG_3199

No comments:

Post a Comment