Wednesday, October 5, 2011

It takes a village…

Some people say it takes a village to raise a child.  And I think its true.  I am so thankful for the many people that supported my mom and dad as we were growing up.  They really were like second parents to me and loved on me, taught me, and showed me Jesus.

I say this right now because my team is looking for some volunteers to come and help with our team’s kids.  I am not personally raising children here, but I can see from the outside that it can be difficult to raise kids outside of a big church (as in bigger than 3 families), safe neighborhood community, or extended family.  And sometimes we get sad for the kids that they are missing out on things like Sunday school and youth group.  We know that the Lord has put together our team, including these precious kids, and this is exactly where they need to be.  And we are also interested in their Spiritual growth. 

All that to say… Team Honduras wants to host a VBS for our kids!  Mike had a great idea to try to bring someone down with leftover VBS material to run a VBS for our 5 Missionary kids.  It needs to be December 19-22 when they are out of school.  Let me know if you are interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment