Sunday, October 16, 2011

To be known…

This week I had a dream that one of my close friends told me they hated me.  I woke up knowing that it wasn’t true… but it struck a chord. 

Maybe it’s a lack of time with Jesus, maybe it’s a lack of faith, maybe it’s human nature. 

I want to be known, and loved.  I want to know that I’m not forgotten about while I’m off living in a foreign country.  I want to know that when people do things that I used to be a part of that they notice the fact that I’m not there.  I want someone to eat a fried dough at the fair in my honor, I want someone to say that the Thanksgiving gravy doesn’t taste as good b/c I wasn’t there to make it.  Maybe I’m selfish.

But I think it’s who I am and the Lord knows that.  He knows it because He put it there inside of me.  And He reminds me that He knows me… and loves me… better than I know.  He knew that I would need Him because people wouldn’t be enough to fill that need that I have to be loved.

And then… not only did He look at me, see all my mess, know me perfectly and choose to love me… He also gave me blessings, and so many of them.  A friend who reminds me that she doesn’t hate me, but really loves and cares.  A family who comes and invests their lives to know my life and share it with me.  A grandma who prays for me every morning.  Friends who put up with skype when the internet is terrible just to be able to get caught up.  People who support me with money, prayers, cards, emails. 

I think the Lord knew that every once in awhile I would need someone with skin on… He is good to me. 

2 comments:

  1. I have eaten fried dough in your honor! love ya. Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only it was not in NC, but in washington state!

    ReplyDelete