Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Worth it

This afternoon a baby fell asleep on my lap.  There are few things in the world that I love more than having a little one trust me so completely to just sleep while I cuddle with him.

I have loved my time here visiting and learning about the House of Glory.  I have been picking Amanda’s brain non-stop and she has been so patient.  There are a thousand questions running through my mind non-stop… “What things did you do that you wish you hadn’t done when you started?”  “What didn’t you do that you should have?”  “How do you discipline?” “What kind of skills do you teach?” “Are the babies on a schedule?”… the list goes on and on and on.  I have questions about staff and girls and social services.  I just realize how little I know.

And paperwork… they have tons of it.  I’ve maybe typed up 5 things total pertaining to Puerta de Esperanza.  I’m nowhere near having a manual!

So… I’m overwhelmed.  There is so much to be done.

But there is so much redemption.  This is the theme of what I have seen in this place.  The Lord has done amazing things!  Right now there are 3 girls living in the home.  I was talking to one of them today and she told me that none of them came into the home knowing God, but all have accepted Him as their Savior.  They are passionate about the Lord and excited to share the Gospel.  They go to an evangelism class at church and really love it.  They share the Gospel with teachers and their families.  They pray that their abusers would come to know Christ.  Wow.  Redemption.  There is no other word for it.  Only the grace of God can change hearts in such a radical way. 

These girls come in angry and fearful, scared and hardened and then the love of Christ enters their hearts.  And they are changed.  Its amazing.

They were excited to hear that there will be a home like this in Honduras.  One of the girls told me that she would tell any girl who had the opportunity to live there to go… she said, “I would tell her that it would change her life.  She will be loved and supported and learn about Christ.  And coming to know God is the most important thing.”

Its worth it.  All the feelings of being overwhelmed, all the paperwork and the decisions.  All the anxiety and fear.  Its worth it.

Please please pray.  I’m overwhelmed.  Pray for personnel who love Jesus and will love these girls.  Pray for a Social worker who loves the Lord and a physiologist as well who can work with them.  Pray for a house abuela who can love them without getting burnt out.  Pray for so much wisdom and discernment for me as I seek to form a team to do this ministry.  Pray for all our paperwork to go through by the first of December.  And pray that the Lord would bring girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment