Saturday, September 11, 2010

Spanish, Spanish, Spanish

Tonight my brain is on overload!  Abby and Melissa introduced me tonight to some of their Tico friends.  We ended up joining them for a Bible study in San Pedro with university students.  We met a bunch of people and spoke a bunch of Spanish.  Thank goodness for Melissa who can help me translate when I get in a pinch.  But the girl who led the study spoke slowly for us and I actually understood most of it.  They were all SO patient and so kind to have us there.  I was just really blessed by how welcoming they were to have new people in their group.  And we were not the only new ones.  I got the impression they have new people every week.  And they really went out of their way to make everyone feel welcome.  I would love to go back and to just hang out with them at other times, I think it will happen!

Then I got home and talked with the neighbor about her itouch and other technology… lots of words I do not know in Spanish.  But I was excited that I could actually participate in conversation without having to have them repeat every word.

So, two things tonight.  1. I’m learning, hooray! 2.My brain hurts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment