Thursday, September 9, 2010

Ministry

This morning the Lord woke me up early before my alarm clock and thoughts and prayers of ministry were filling me head.  I really enjoy these mornings of getting to just be and process with the Lord before ever getting out of bed.  This morning I was praying about ministry… here in Costa Rica and soon in Honduras. 

Ministry doesn’t scare me necessarily, but it is overwhelming, especially thinking towards Honduras.  There are so many things to be done, so many options that I have to choose from for where to get involved.  So many people who I want to tell about the Lord… where do I start?  Where do I feel gifted and called?

I was praying for a church plant at home as they launch their church this weekend and realizing the Lord has really grown my love for church planting as well.  I’m excited to get to be a part of something like that.  But it has to start with the Lord changing hearts and lives one person at a time.

So I read Isaiah 43:12 which says “You are my witnesses, declares the Lord, that I am God”.  The word witness stuck out to me today for what it means.  I have witnessed the goodness of God, His grace, His mercy, His power.  I have witnessed that He is God.  And that’s ministry… to tell people what I have witnessed of the Lord and to point back to who He is.  Today I am encouraged by that and praying for opportunities to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment