Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Becoming Tica

I think I’m starting to fit in here.  Its 70 degrees outside and I find myself agreeing with host mom.  Hace mucho frio!  Its very cold.  I may even put real shoes on to go to school tomorrow instead of flip flops!  One because its cold, two because I’m tired of being wet all the time.

I’ve been sick.  Boo.  I hate having fevers because I get super wimpy, a little teary for no particular reason, and I can never seem to get comfortable or sleep well.  And then there’s the sore throat.  I haven’t had a real sore throat in maybe 10 years, I don’t like not being able to swallow.  And I hate that applesauce is the only thing that sounded good to me and they don’t sell it here.  I definitely lacked the energy to make my own, so I hate oatmeal and mashed potatoes instead.  But enough complaining, today is better.  My fever is gone and I can swallow enough to eat an egg for breakfast :)  (Which my host mom translated to 2 eggs and 2 pieces of toast, which is a little much when you’ve been eating nothing but oatmeal and potatoes for 3 days, but whatever)  I stayed home from school today to try avoid sending this home with all the families with kids – you’re welcome.  But I do think I’ll go tomorrow.

In the midst of my being sick I found a movie on TV last night that I love.  “I Am Sam”  I cannot even explain why I love this movie so much.  But it catches my heart every time.  Yes, I was crying in my room by myself and I can’t even blame it on the fever.  I just love the way that He loves his little girl as much he possibly can and she loves him too.  I love the scenes where she is walking to his house at night in the dark and he keeps bringing her home.  Finally her foster family brings her over to stay with him.  I love it.  If you haven’t watched this movie, you should.  The end :)

No comments:

Post a Comment