Saturday, September 25, 2010

Lengua

You may think I’m going to write about my ability to converse in my new tongue fluently, but surprisingly, I’m going to introduce you to a literal “tongue”.

As I was at Hipermas today with my host family, we made our way to the meat section.  “Umm… gross” was my first reaction to seeing something that looked exactly like this cow tongue in the meat case.  Whoops, spoke too soon, that’s exactly what we’re there to buy.  “Really???”  So, clearly, I’ve already made my reaction to this known and then I find out its what we’re having for supper.  Great.  I am repeatedly reassured that I’m going to love it, it really is delicious, and I’m going to have to taste it.  Well, I guess my host mom didn’t really know if I’d love it b/c she brought me a sandwich at 5:00 :)

However, I’m brave.  And it did actually smell really good!  So when it was ready, I went out to have some while they looked on waiting to see my reaction.  To be completely honest, it was delicious.  She cooked it up with tomato sauce, spices, onion, and peppers and then served it with delicious mashed potatoes. Bon appétit!


1 comment:

  1. Just remember that your car is in Mexico awaiting your arrival. It asks about you often. If you come to Monterrey I'll let you drive it. We can make the 2 hour trip to Texas and there is a Chick-fil-a in the mall (True Story!) in the border town (on the U.S. side not the narco side).

    I'm just sayin is all.

    ReplyDelete