Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Estudio Biblico

Task for this evening…
Convey the content of an adult Bible study about the glory of God and the greatness of his name using a four year old’s vocabulary.

This, my friends, is quite a challenge.  But I can say that tonight I led my first Bible study in Spanish to a room full of Spanish language students and a Tico family who didn’t look at me like I was an idiot while I was talking.  And by led, I mean read the Bible study that I wrote :)  But either way, I consider that a success.  Thanks to my very limited and simple vocabulary, one of the new students even told me that she understood what I was saying!  YAY!  I pray that the Lord really was glorified.  I’m thankful that the Word of God speaks for itself… we read a lot of verses :)

It was really good for me to do this and to realize that I am learning a lot and the Lord is giving me the vocabulary that I need to be able to talk about Him.  Its so encouraging for me to remember the purpose for which I am learning Spanish.  Its not just to be able to use pronouns correctly, although sometimes that takes all my concentration.  But I am learning exactly for the purpose that we talked about tonight in Bible study…

“Por Amor de Su Nombre” – For the Love of HIS name!

No comments:

Post a Comment