Friday, September 24, 2010

Chickfila, oh how I love you

Ranking the things that I miss from the states, I think they would go in this order…

1. People… friends and family.
2. Food… specifically chick-fil-a, cheese at almost every meal, pad see ew (thai food), butter chicken (indian food), NC BBQ, my mom’s hamburgers, outback steakhouse, and toaster strudels.  There’s more, but I’ll settle for those :)
3. My car and the freedom that comes with being able to take yourself where you want to go at exactly the time you want to go there

So, why even bring it up?  Well today my dear friend Cassie sent me an email.  If I didn’t know we were best friends before, I do now!  Chickfila is premiering spicy chicken nuggets in Augusta and she had exhausted her email addresses for getting free coupons and needed me to sign up to get her more free food :)  Understanding the life of being a poor student and also doing ministry, I was happy to oblige.  However, it did remind me how much I miss Chickfila…

peach milkshakes, chicken biscuits, the new spicy chicken sandwich, good service, the best cups b/c they’re styrofoam and not paper, waffle fries, Chickfila sauce, free food for a year, the cow calendar… need I go on?

If you are near a Chickfila, PLEASE take this opportunity to consider yourself fortunate and go eat some on my behalf.

(and now I’m hungry…)

2 comments:

  1. Oh girl how I can so relate. There is an awesome asian place in downtown San Jose. I forget the name but I am sure Sean will remember or I know a teacher who could tell you as well. It is a little pricey but worth a special night out with a friend. Variety of food is something I especially miss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so now that everyone who reads your blog thinks I'm insensitive...thank you for loving me. =)

    ReplyDelete