Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Wedding

This weekend my dear friend Cassie got married.  She has been one of the people in my life who has taught me the most of grace and forgiveness.  It is only the hand of God that we are friends after some of the things that we have walked through together.  She knows me in all my mess and I know her the same.  She loves me even though I was a passive aggressive jerk of a roommate sometimes in college and have had moments of being a less than stellar friend since then.  She is a constant in my life, a sister, someone who is going to point me to Jesus even if I haven’t talked to her in months.  We walked through college together, through doing youth ministry, and are able to just be that person for each other that you can tell anything b/c they don’t live nearby :)  I’m so incredibly thankful for her.  I am so excited for this new beginning in her life as she begins to walk alongside John and know life and ministry married to him.

IMG_5660

Also got to hang out with this sweet friend…

IMG_5653

Aimee is moving to San Diego with her husband and cute kiddos to serve Jesus in campus ministry there.  I am so encouraged by how they follow Jesus in whatever he asks them to do.  I do not see her enough, that’s for sure :)

I got to spend a little time with my parents too, which was really fun.  Frisbie golf at the park with my dad, dinner at Outback, board games, Target, Chickfila… you know, all the important things.  And I got to rest, which I didn’t realize that I needed so desperately.  Thanks for getting married Cassie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment