Monday, May 21, 2012

Hope

The last 36 hours have found me in crisis mode just making it to the next 5 minutes without a chance to process or be sad or just break down and cry.  And I want to… but its just not time yet.  I hate that the effects of sin run so deep.  They penetrate the heart and mind causing anxiety, depression, anger, guilt…

One of my dear girls is in the hospital.  She cried out for help on Saturday night by making herself terribly sick.  She lives under a blanket of guilt and shame and it got to be too much.  She is finally in a safe place with people who love her, support her, care for her, and its in that safe place that she can let go and begin to process her life and its just too much sometimes.  She has been the victim of not only her own sin, but the sin of many others.  She has suffered.

And so we pray for hope, and healing.  For a good psychologist who can begin to work with her.  I pray that I can show her love the way that her heavenly Father loves her and is never giving up on her. 

Please pray with us.  Physically she is fine now, but pray for emotional healing.  Pray for me to have wisdom and discernment.  Pray that this will be a good time of learning for all of us on how to love someone when its hard and show them Jesus in the midst of suffering.  Pray for hope.

I have been trying to drill into the girls’ heads for weeks now that the Lord loves us and his love is faithful.  It is not based on what we do or don’t do.  He loves us because He decided to love us right where we are in the middle of our mess.  I pray that right now they will see and know this truth like never before.

1 comment:

  1. Praying hard hun! I will be praying that God provides a psychologist for this girls. Praying for you and your heart as well. Love you.

    ReplyDelete