Wednesday, May 2, 2012

People series #2–C & W

C & W came to us second after living for a year at a different children’s home outside of the city.  C is 18, has graduated from high school and just took her entrance exam for university.  W is the youngest of the babies at 6 months old.

C is good at everything.  Its true and kind of sickening :)  She can draw, paint, sew, cook, sing, learn guitar, etc, etc, etc.  She is so bright and a quick learner.  And she loves technology, TV, ipod games, whatever she can get her hands on.  She also loves to read.  It was a treasure to my heart when she read “Redeeming Love” and after every chapter would summarize the story for the others so that they could “read” it too!  She is organizing, motivated, and on top of things.  She wants to learn English and is working really hard at communicating.  So far she can sing “You’re Amazing Just the Way you Are”, I mean, we have a ways to go :)  She’s a little more sly in behavior and is the one who will find a way to sneak around the rules.  She is my personal Spanish tutor and isn’t afraid to kindly correct me.  She is a great mom and loves W so well.  She really loves Jesus and her life is changing as she grows in Him.  She’s the first to make connections between what we’re studying and her daily life.  A couple weeks ago she shared the Gospel with her aunt spitting out everything that we had been talking about, it made me so proud of her and all that she is learning and soaking up.  She wants to learn to drive my car which isn’t happening anytime soon :)  She is full of energy and a total extrovert.  And she painted my mom Eeyore, how cute is that?

W steals the hearts of everyone we meet.  He just has that cutest baby ever look about him and people fall for it every time.  He loves to be held and sometimes screams if you don’t oblige.  We’re trying to teach him to love the stroller and to fall asleep on his own, he’s not really going for it.  He just got his first two teeth and eats anything within his reach.  He crawls a little bit and is super ticklish.  He will never lack for cute shoes, as those seem to be his mother’s weakness :)

1 comment:

  1. I love when you post this about PDE. I feel I know them and I feel I am partof it. I am praying for you that you will be able to show this girls Jesus and that they will learn to show the kids who jesus is as well. Love you and kisses and hugs to all!

    ReplyDelete