Friday, May 4, 2012

oops

So the refrigerator at the girls home stopped working 4 days after the warranty ended, about 2 weeks ago.  Awesome.  The motor was dead… alas.  At least it wasn’t a dead rat, which seems to be another common appliance problem!  Anyways, called the guy, got a used motor, and got it fixed for $100… not too shabby.

Two days ago the refrigerator wasn’t cold.  Again.  I went and rescued the meat and started calling my appliance friend from Tel Aviv to tell him he had to do something for us.  8 calls later he finally answered… “okay, I’ll call the repairman”.  12 calls and 2 days later I haven’t heard back from him, or the repairman.  So I call C…

“C, has the repairman come to fix the fridge?”
”No Susana”

So I pump myself to let them have it and drive over to the store.  Boss man who speaks English isn’t there so I start letting the girl have it about the situation in Spanish and how all the food is going bad, etc. etc.  Well the repairman said he came and so now she calls him and calls him a liar and he’s upset and she’s upset and I’m upset.

Then I think, I should make sure.  I call Oneyda.  Oh yeah, he came yesterday and everything is working fine.

How embarrassing.

No comments:

Post a Comment