Friday, May 4, 2012

People Series #4 - Jeffri

Or his name could be spelled Jeffrey.  He tells me something different every time :)

I’ve known Jeffrey since last summer.  He is a full-fledged teenager at the age of 15.  He has an attitude that is hard to contain.  He loves to shake his head no while saying yes or vice-versa so you never know if he is being a jerk or agreeing to do what you asked.  And he thinks its terribly funny.  You know how teenage boys are before they get their sense of humor figured out?  That’s him :)  And he would do anything for us.  He comes by sometimes just to say hello.  He’s still a kid and loves sneaking into the play place at pizza hut to play soccer with the younger boys.  He is doing GREAT in school, working hard, and staying motivated.  He is turning into an adult before my very eyes.  He is responsible and will run errands for me if I ask.  He cares about his family and I love seeing him with his little brothers.  He wants what is best for them and is clearly out to protect them.  He comes to church faithfully and I think at this point is actually listening to the sermons :)  I want him to be in a youth small group, but it will have to wait until after he’s done with school at night.  Pray for a man who could disciple him.

DSC_0508

No comments:

Post a Comment