Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A sweet surprise!

Recently we’ve been having some attitude problems with the kids.  I know, its like we’re dealing with actual children or something!  They come to the door asking to come in and then from there on out its like “If You Give a Mouse a Cookie”.  Susana, give me this, can I have this… well then I’m not coming back.  Yep, see you in 2 hours, they always come back.  We’re really trying to work on thankfulness and patience and using please and thank you.  And sometimes they just get mad and frustrated.

This happened yesterday.

Jeffri, Kevin, and Ever are our church-going faithfuls.  I can’t remember the last time they missed a chance to go to church with us.  And yesterday they didn’t show.  They had come in the morning and I didn’t let them in, so they were mad at me and threatened not to come back for church.  They always come back, so I wasn’t worried.  But it came time to leave and they weren’t there, so we headed out to church without them.

Twenty minutes into the service with smiles spread across their whole faces, in walk Jeffri and Kevin.  They had walked all the way to church (a long walk) by themselves after coming late and finding us not at home.  They walked right in and sat down like they’d been with us the whole time.  Ever on the other hand stayed out in the hallway ticked b/c it was not his choice to walk to church, apparently :)

All that to say.  It made my heart happy.  Who knows their real motivation in getting themselves there.  But the Lord is doing something in these boys.  We are excited to watch them grow, to keep getting to know their personalities, to teach them little life lessons and teach them about Jesus along the way, and to see them making church a priority.  It put a sweet smile on my face.

1 comment:

  1. I already love these boys. I cant wait to one day meet them when I come visit you :)

    ReplyDelete