Monday, January 30, 2012

on problems

“Give up the illusion that you deserve a problem-free life.  Part of you is still hungering for the resolution of all difficulties.  This is a false hope!  As I told My disciples, in the world you will have trouble.  Link your hope not to problem solving in this life but to the promise of an eternity of problem-free life in heaven” – Jesus Calling

So convicting.  And I’m just reminded this morning that I don’t want to give the girls in Puerta de Esperanza the idea that I am rescuing them from their lives.  I want them to know Jesus.  And I want them to know that whatever their life brings, He walks with them in it and through it.  I can’t save them from past or future trouble, but I can help them to know the One who gives them a problem-free eternity.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Shannon,
    I'm going to borrow your Jesus Calling quote:) You are such a courageous woman of God---you are amazing:) It's inspiring to read what the Lord is doing in you & through you every blog:)!!!

    ReplyDelete