Saturday, January 28, 2012

A little bit of everything

Last night I went to sleep about 9:30pm.  This NEVER happens.  But I would attribute it to emotional exhaustion :)  This afternoon I sat in my house for longer than 30 minutes for pretty much the first time all week… and it was glorious!

I would like to make a confession.  I still don’t know what I’m doing :)  I don’t know the balance of being over at the house with the girls and Doña One and how much I need to let them be so that they can figure out a rhythm for how to live there and just BE.  The opening of the doors was truly just another step in the process.  There is so much to cover with them still.  This week we start one-on-one time together, Bible study, parenting discussions, school!  I want to teach them English, guitar, spelling, cooking, everthing… but there are only so many hours in the day.  And I’m still also in the process of finding two more girls to live there.  C is definitely coming back on Thursday… just in time for Y’s birthday!  There will be a piñata, don’t worry :)  Already this week we had a sick baby one night and a key emergency another.  But the Lord is still showing me HIS faithfulness day after day.  I’m not overwhelmed, surprisingly.  Just feeling like I have no choice but to surrender all the details.

I think eventually I may make a wish list on Amazon.  There are things that I would love for us to have that are not in the budget… for instance, the Chronicles of Narnia books in Spanish and others of similar reading level, beads for jewelry making b/c they love that, any other art projects, a hand mixer so Doña One can teach them to bake (she is awesome at that and also an exceptional cake decorator, so I see a possible business in the future), any Klutz type book that you could possibly find in Spanish (friendship bracelets maybe?), etc., etc.  So we’re learning about hobbies and likes and interests and how each girl is so different.

Keep praying!  And thanks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment