Saturday, January 7, 2012

Making the non-monumental, MONUMENTAL!

Inspired by the traditional advent calendar, the roommates of La Alameda are delighted to bring you THE COUNTDOWN!

You could say that our life is boring, but I think we would prefer the term creative.  Seriously, tonight we were commenting that moving to Honduras threw us back in time.  This comment came after hours of sitting outside on the porch in rocking chairs doing nothing but chatting with each other.  I would also like to say, I LOVE IT!

So the countdown.  Every day leading up to Christmas we had to do something together as a house, read a Scripture, make cookies, dress the dog up like an elf, you know, the norm.  Then we’d hang the cards on the Christmas tree to supplement the lack of ornaments.  We considered keeping the tree and renaming it The Countdown Tree.  But we decided that may be excessive :) 

So every month we get to choose non-monumental event to make MONUMENTAL and we count down to it every day.  This month, I get to be monumental!  We are already counting down to my return from the states and I haven’t even left yet.  I’m feeling pretty special!

IMG_4113

Because we’re not bored, just creative, we issued a roommate challenge tonight to all write a blog on the same topic.  So to read more about the COUNTDOWN, go here and here!

No comments:

Post a Comment