Thursday, January 26, 2012

Day two

I’m watching the girls settle in… and its so fun to be a part of it. 

We went this morning to get Doña Oneyda’s stuff from her house and her family was SO welcoming to the girls and the babies.  They gave hugs and loved the kids and talked about how great the Lord is.  She is related to basically everyone at the church, or so it seems.  So I know that the girls will be received at the services with lots of hugs and hellos.

Then we took two sleeping babies to the grocery store… poor timing.  But these kids are troopers and can sleep anywhere as long as you’re holding them.  So although our arms were about to fall off… we made it!  I’m still learning how to cook Honduran style and had forgotten some basics when stocking the house.

This afternoon I took C to check out the public university which will be a determining factor in whether or not she stays to live in the home.  We got good answers from them and things look promising.  She is willing work hard and already signed her rules sheet for the home, so apparently she plans to stay :)

I got to hold a sleeping baby, my favorite.  And when I left they were making jewelry at the kitchen table while J played with playdough.  Sounds like a perfect way to end the day.

My Spanish is improving by the minute and they are so sweet about helping me with it.  We talked about Jesus and babies and birthdays and being a good example.  I’m just happy to be doing life with these girls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment