Monday, September 26, 2011

Rest

The Lord is good and knows exactly what we need.  Its true.  He knows my breaking point and when I need some time to be and rest and not have the doorbell ringing or papers to fill out or meetings to go to or hungry mouths to feed.

Tomorrow I am going on a retreat with the women on my team.  Its such a huge blessing that we can all be here together, even those who aren’t on the field yet.  Kate is here and Ashley is here and Erin and Kathy… its going to be great.  And with all those amazing women, I think I’m going to need one afternoon to talk to no one at all.  Yep, I need it.

I have been preparing for the session that I will share this week with my teammates and I was assigned the topic of the Lord’s sovereignty and perfect will.  Light and easy :)  But its been so good for me to prepare.  I’ve been reminded of the Lord’s character and His great goodness to His children.  What a blessing it is to be called a child of God and to be able to delight in knowing the Father.

Its been an overwhelming week.  We’re in transition like crazy and I’m preparing for a really busy fall.  We have more boys coming to our door every day and are trying to seek the Lord’s wisdom in every step that we take with them.  There is so much to do and teach and get set up for the boys at the house, Puerta de Esperanza, etc. etc.  But I have to say…

I love my life and wouldn’t trade it for a thing.  Yesterday I paid three of the boys $1.50 to wash my car.  We had to run by the mall on an errand and the boys saw ice cream for sale for about 45 cents and were so excited to use their hard-earned money to buy some!  Except that one of the boys with us hadn’t been there for the car washing and was just standing by my side as others ate their deliciousness.  Well, not much time passed before Jeffrey noticed Jose’s plight and without so much as a word handed him the other part of his money to go buy ice cream.  I could not have been more proud. 

I want these precious boys to know Jesus and to want to give their lives away for each other and love each other the way that the Lord has loved them.  And its starting… we see glimpses.  Tonight we took 8 of them to church with us.  And people think we’re crazy I’m pretty sure.  Anytime they see the gringa girls with a car-load of Honduran boys.  But we’ll take the title if it means we get to love on these kids and talk to them about Jesus.

All to say.  I love my life.  But I’m overwhelmed and so thankful for a break :)  I’m praying for rest and good time with Jesus this week!  And I’m so thankful for those of you who read this blog and keep up with our crazy life here.

No comments:

Post a Comment