Sunday, September 4, 2011

Taste and See

“Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him.  Fear the Lord, you His saints, for those who fear Him lack nothing.  The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing.”
Psalm 34:8-10

I found myself reading this verse over and over again this morning just delighting in all the things that it doesn’t say.  It doesn’t say that I will always get everything that I want.  It doesn’t say that God’s job is to make me happy.  And it doesn’t say that I will always know what “good” looks like.

But it does remind me that the character of God is GOOD.  He is good, all the time, and by His very nature.  And His goodness overflows in the way that He loves me and provides for me.  And He knows me… so much better than I know myself.  So He knows what is good for me and that’s exactly what He gives me.  I will never lack that which is best for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment