Friday, September 9, 2011

Back in my comfort zone…

Who would ever think that being surrounded by 11-14 year old girls could ever be someone’s comfort zone once they have passed that terribly awkward stage of life.  But surprisingly, it’s mine :)  5 years in youth ministry and I just really love these girls.  I have missed teaching Bible studies more than I realized.  It just love seeing the looks on their faces when something clicks for the first time and I love getting to know them and see them realize that God wants to be a very real part of their lives. 

So… change cultures… but I’m back in my comfort zone, although Spanish is far from being comfortable.  I’m doing a 4 week Bible study this month with these 8 girls where we have banned Abby and Bekah and I from speaking any English.  Its been so much fun!  We are going through a study on the character of God and how our lives are changed by what we believe to be true about the Lord. 

DSC02717

We will be trying to get a better picture :)

Over the last two weeks I’ve also… learned a Spanish version of Pig Latin (FYI, I thought my Spanish skills had regressed to nothing when I couldn’t understand a word they were saying!), taken a very teenage trip to the mall riding escalators up and down about 8 times, and gotten set up with a pro-soccer player.  Yep… back in the comfort zone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment