Sunday, September 11, 2011

Church

Last Sunday I was in my room getting ready for church when I heard a familiar shout outside the front gate… “Buenas!”  There were Jeffrey and Kevin waiting to talk, get some food, and hang out with us.  We didn’t have much time, so I gave them food and invited them to go to church with us.  They came, and really loved it.

I think this was a turning point in our relationship with them as we showed them that we wanted them to really enter into our lives.  Its has led to dinners around our dining room table, games of uno, paper airplanes, and requests for a return visit to church.

So tonight the group is growing and Kevin’s brother Ever is joining us for church.  They have asked about at least 3 times… “what time are you coming?” “We’ll see you tomorrow for church right?'”  I love it.  I love that they are excited about going to church and that they get to hear the Word preached in their heart language and see that people in their city love Jesus and worship the Lord.  So pray for the Gospel to penetrate and for them to really know the Lord in a personal way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment