Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Pit

Yesterday I, not so affectionately, named my car.  I’m not really a naming kind of person for inanimate objects, but this one is so fitting that I just cannot help myself.

Introducing… “The Pit”

100_0041

As in, the money pit.

Seriously… as I was sitting on the side of the road again yesterday waiting for the mechanic to come rescue me, I found myself really asking the Lord what the lesson is that he would have me to learn in the face of constant car repairs and a dwindling bank account.  I’m ready to learn it and move on.

Or could it be that the Lord is working to bring my mechanic into the family of God and this is just a very expensive evangelism experience?

I will say.  I’ve taken quite a hit financially and emotionally while dealing with this car that seems to be in the shop once a week.  It really makes me anxious whenever I hear a pop or a squeal or see smoke rising from the hood.  How much is it going to cost this time?  When is this going to end?

Although maybe I’m getting used to it… yesterday all I could think of while I sat baking by the side of the road was…
“Why did I take this compost from Erin’s house?  Is this basil plant worth it?  It smells SO bad in here!” :)

All that to say… please pray.  It has been one thing after another with “The Pit” and I am just praying that the Lord would allow me to trust Him to provide for all of my needs.  And praying that the Lord would send mechanic-type angels to guard all the working parts and keep us out of the shop for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment