Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Taboo

A friend commented yesterday that learning Spanish is like playing Catch Phrase or Taboo and I must say that I agree.  The key is thinking of all the other ways to say things that use words that you do know to get around to the one word that you’re trying to get the person to guess.  Life is constant word game.

Yesterday I was proud of myself because I told my host mom that my friend was moving in with our neighbors.  And I didn’t have to say, she is moving in with the people who live in the house most close to us.  Ha!

In other news.  I HATE finding cheap flights.  I’m terrible at it.  Is this anyone’s skill that they could share with me some tips?  I need to get to Cancun, Mexico for an area conference in October as cheaply as possible.

2 comments:

  1. Shannon,

    I like Kayak.com for international flights. They check several sites at once and list them out for you. Before booking - always check the airline website first - sometimes can get a good deal there. Used Kayak many times and been very happy. Good luck! Have fun. Love the Blog. Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. We call it "going through the back door" - in otherwords - your destination is inside the house, and it doesn't matter how you get there - the front door is clearly the quickest method, but at times, the only way is through the back door - it may take a little longer, but in the end you still end up inside the house. That's our language skill for you!

    As far as cheap flights - Mike is the guru of cheap flights!

    ReplyDelete