Sunday, July 11, 2010

One month!

Today marks one month in Costa Rica!  Wow… in some ways I can’t believe its been that long.  In other ways it seems like I’ve been here so much longer.  Isn’t that always the way it is?  My Spanish is improving, little by little, but I understood much more in church this morning and even wrote some words down to look up later.  I’m getting better at knowing how I learn, so that’s helpful.  I was sad today to miss my mom’s birthday at home.  And they celebrated with Thai food, which makes it a double bummer to miss out.  I love you mom and I wish I could be there with you!!!

Today we had a party for the World Cup final game (of course) in combination with celebrating my Mama Tica’s birthday!  Here are some pictures of my tico family, finally!

IMG_5347  

Vecinos…
Our neighbors!  Maricela and her daughter Mariela.

 

 

IMG_5349

 

My Mama Tica, Josefa!  Its her birthday tomorrow.

 

 

IMG_5352

 

Alfredo singing Karaoke!

 

 

IMG_5354

 

Ariel with his mom

 

 

IMG_5357

Josefa and Alfredo

 

 

 

IMG_5350

 

Friends

 

 

IMG_5353

No comments:

Post a Comment