Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Mercado de artesania

I know… don’t post for a week and then post twice in one day.  Spread the love Shannon!  But alas, this is when I had time.

Today I went to the artisan market with (from left to right) Abby, Taylor, and Hannah.

We had a blast shopping at the market, practicing Spanish with our new friend Juan Jose, getting bags and jewelry, eating taco bell and ice cream!  One of my favorite Costa Rica things thusfar is Mango ice cream from Pops.  Delicious! 

Seriously, the market is a great way to practice Spanish.  I have decided to try to be in class, studying, or speaking for 7ish hours a day.  That could be reading, watching movies or TV, something to get Spanish in my head.  This was great.  Once the shop owners/taxi drivers/venders realize you’re trying to speak Spanish, they are so helpful.  Even the ones who speak English will be patient to speak Spanish to help you.  So… I guess we’ll just have to shop some more all in the name of learning :)

No comments:

Post a Comment